|The Liebster Blog Award probably originated in Germany|
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the award onto your blog.
I like the concept so, despite the extra work, I've decided to play along. Plus, this will give me a chance to show my appreciation for the support I've received from some very talented individuals. My blog is a family project and I couldn't keep up without the help from my wife, Judy and the unique input from my field agents (children), Theo and Lukas.
50 & Fabulous - Judi is a fun-loving mom of three whose site details the ups and downs of daily life on the east coast. I'm not sure exactly how or when our paths crossed but she's been a loyal friend. Her posts are always entertaining and often humorous with topics ranging from cooking and gardening to baseball. She is also a very good photographer. Thank you for the Liebster Judi, you can guest post on my site anytime.
Questions asked by Judi and my answers
1. What is the one food you can't do without?
2. One thing you want to do before you die?
Visit the Louvre museum.
3. What is your favorite hobby and why?
Fantasy football with my son because it makes the NFL Games more fun to follow.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What book are you reading now?
The Pig and the Dragon.
6. What are you looking forward to most in the New Year?
7. Favorite meal when eating out?
Chicken Soft Tacos.
8. If you have one 'do-over', what would it be?
I have no regrets - don't look back.
9. What is your favorite movie and why?
Lord of the Rings because of the jagged mountains and beautiful horses.
10. Who is your favorite TV character?
Dean Winchester from Supernatural
11. If you had a day to do anything you wanted to do, what would you do?
Mountain climbing in the Sneffels range near Ouray, Colorado.
Random "Me" facts
1. I played college basketball
2. I coach youth soccer
3. I ride horses
4. I don't like scary movies
5. I love listening to music
6. I live in Colorado but I don't ski
7. I like to go shopping
8. I collect football cards
9. I read non-fiction books
10. I'm very superstitious
11. I've been married for 23 years.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award:
CASLworks - Stefan, Carlos and Francine are awesome! On their site you'll find art, photography, poetry, writing and you can even get your horoscope. They are true Renaissance People. Their string of posts about the benefits of blogging is what inspired me to start my own online journal. I'm very grateful for their unending support and encouragement.
Zen For Zoey - Zoey writes original articles about entertainment and the movies. She crafts monumental posts that are validated with incredible research and her own personal experiences. She's also a really good photographer. Zoey is one of the nicest people I know and has been very supportive of my work. Thanks, Zoey.
Pre-Columbian Americas - Zoe is an excellent writer that is an expert on the history of pre-contact MesoAmerica. Her work is well researched and extremely intelligent (she's way smarter than me). Through her historical fiction novels she tells a fascinating story about the rise of the Aztec Empire. Please check out her stunning site.
Watercolors by Luisa - Luisa is a fantastic artist who works in transparent watercolor, something that is very difficult to master. Believe me, I know. It's amazing how she captures the air and light of the California mountains in her paintings. Her site features these beautiful jewels of art.
colorsandpastels - Claudine is a pastel artist based in Luxembourg. She's one of my favorites and a great friend. Pastel is another medium that's very unforgiving so I really respect her talent. I don't always understand the language written on her site but the images speak for themselves. Her oceanscapes are magnificent.
Susan's Headspace - Susan's blog documents her wonderful encounters with nature. She observes the birds and wildlife of her region in intimate detail. I frequently cross paths with Susan on twitter as she is a prolific tweeter. Thanks for all of the retweets. Susan is also an excellent photographer.
Hundred Book Pile-up - Cindy is a retired teacher and a superb writer who reviews children's books on her site. You'll also discover posts about her garden, quilts and writing. She is a self-published author and I loved reading her middle grade fantasy book The Pig and the Dragon.
Questions for my nominees
1. Where were you born?
2. What is your astrological sign?
3. Where do you live now?
4. Who is your favorite artist?
5. What is your favorite bird?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is the one thing that you absolutely could not live without?
8. If your life was a motion picture, what would the title be?
9. What's something you've never done but have always wanted to do?
10. Do you collect anything?
11. What inspires you?
|A good summation of the Liebster|
|Step four, copy and paste the award onto your blog|